Today was a really lovely day. I feel good.
Really, I feel so good and light that If I had wings I’d be flying.
So, since I’m waiting for my cinnamon tea to get drinkable (is that a word???) I decided to post (in English ‘cause it’s worth sharing) a recipe I’ve been in love with: zucchini pasta/spaghetti. No, you don’t buy it, you make it in your kitchen and the “spaghetti” is a fake one, since it’s 100% zucchini.
Waiiiit!! Don’t stop reading! This is REALLY delicious! Believe me!! I had a big trauma with zucchinis and this recipe saved me! Hehe, thanks to my beloved oneechan! ;3
So, here it goes…
Zucchini (one medium size for one person, maybe one big if you’re really really starving)
How to prepare:
1. Peel the zucchini,
2. Slice or cut or grate the zucchini so that it is as long and as thin as a spaghetti,
3. In a nonstick skillet or a wok pan, brown a little (not too much) the chopped garlic with a little olive oil,
4. Add the zucchini, salt and some pepper,
5. If you need, put a tablespoon of water to help cook the zucchini (If you are preparing a large portion – recommended, since this is really yummy – there will be enough water coming from the zucchinis, so check if it’s indeed needed, because it may not be),
6. IMPORTANT: Do not overcook it. You’ll notice when they are ready after the change of color and texture of the zucchini. The ideal texture is when the zucchinis are still firm, but not raw anymore. They’ll have a somewhat spaghetti texture. It takes 5 minutes tops to cook it! It’s pretty fast.
Then just put the desired sauce on top and Tadan!!!!
In this case, instead of using sauce (you can choose your favorite), I crushed some nuts and toasted them with a little butter before putting them over the ” spaghetti” (I didn’t use butter, I don’t know how to say the name in English. It’s similar to butter, but not made from dairy).
And this was it. I was in a hurry ‘cause I was late for a meeting, so It‘s perfect, fast and really delicious.
Bon Apetit and awesome vibrations to you all!
Feel the love ;3